The National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) updated its model legal documents for Series A financings.
The model agreements were first created in the early 2000s under the auspices of the NVCA by a group of venture fund general counsels and attorneys from leading firms in the venture space.
NVCA offers the following Model Legal Documents as a free resource to the venture community. Upon first download a short form will be required to access.
- Voting Agreement
- Term Sheet
- Stock Purchase Agreement
- Right of First Refusal and Co-Sale Agreement
- Model Legal Opinion
- Management Rights Letter
- Investor Rights Agreement
- Indemnification Agreement
- Certificate Of Incorporation
- Life Science Confidential Disclosure Agreement
- Sample H.R. Best Practices for Addressing Harassment & Discrimination
- Sample Code of Conduct Policy
- Sample H.R. Policies for Addressing Harassment & Discrimination
- Sample H.R. Policies for Attracting & Retaining Diverse Talent
- Sample Diversity & Inclusion Policies — SF Family Friendly Workplace Policy
- Sample Diversity Policies — NY Paid Family Leave Policy
- Sample Diversity & Inclusion Policies — San Francisco Paid Parental Leave Policy
Disclaimer: Each document is intended to serve as a starting point only, and should be tailored to meet your specific requirements. These documents should not be construed as legal advice for any particular facts or circumstances.